Monday, November 13, 2006

Personal Messages from Cheryl dated Nov 7, 2006

Life goes on in the MTC. The church is still true. Mongolian is still hard. And I’m still a missionary. A missionary with not as much time to write and respond to letters as she thought she would have. Therefore, since I don’t feel right not acknowledging all the wonderful and supportive letters I have received, I have decided instead to give a shout-out to all of you who have written me. Shameless, I know, but here we go:
[Some of Cheryl's coded language was a bit hard to interpret. Hope the message comes through okay. - Ann]

Esther & Ryan: You’re ENGAGED! I’m assuming you know that, but congrats again from your adopted child.
Bonny Palmer: Thank you so much for your letters and for the article you sent. I shared it with my district, but they didn’t get much out of it past the mention of a “rare breed of desert bear” at the beginning. (Elders: What are you gonna do?)
Allison Palmer: My friend, you sure know how to make white trash look good! Binghamton would be proud. I know I am!
The Nelsons: Thanks for your support. It feels great to be thought of.
Amber Wall: Your letter made my day! I’m glad you can relive happy memories through me. You wanna talk about reliving unhappy memories? How about walking in your first morning of service at the MTC and seeing shelves full of turquoise rubber gloves, foamy Q&A & Pearlux. Yikes!
Brittney McE: How the Boise are you? I have totally surpassed Sister Balli in terms of the number of letters I get every day so much that I have incurred the wrath of my district leader, who grudgingly hands me a pile of letters every day. In other words: Success! P.S. I’ve been wondering, why oxygen?
Kaley “I’m hot AND I just sent in my papers”: Shoaf I’m not one to turn away a stalker, especially not one that I treasure as much as you. I can’t wait to find out where you’re going! Scatter sunshine where’er you may go.
Stizzy:You make me proud. You are going to be M-I-S-S-I-O-N-A-R-Y awesome! I odaisuki you! P.S. – I don’t fly out until Dec 19th!! See you at the airport?
Hales: Um, pretty much the look on the mail guy’s face when he looked at my tag and said, “Sorry, this is for Sister . . . Shorty” was enough, but then you had to throw in the orange slices (yes, my fave candy) AND the next best thing to PB & chocolate chips on a spoon? I don’t deserve you! Seeing your G.W. (the original) costume gave me all the motivation I need to work at it like a you-know-what.
Elizabeth: Happy Half-Birthday again! Send me some Halloween pics!
Becky: Hey baby. How’s Deanie? And Ryan?
The 183rd Ward: Miss you all!

Gah! Sorry! I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate your letters and support. Again, Proverbs 25:25. I wouldn’t be able to do this without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home