August 17, 2007 - Branch Picnic Photos
Branch Picnic!!! Yay!!! Can you find me? I’m one of the three white people and the other two are elders, so hopefully yes. Once again, Hales, I’m sportin’ the Village Pizza tee in your honor. Yes these pictures are a little late, and so am I right now, so I’m just going to flood you with belated pictures and call it a day, okay? Oh, it’s not okay? Well then you can come over here to Mongolia and tell it to my face! Just kidding. [See the post on August 13 for more details on the picnic.]
This is meat. I ate it. It was good.
Me and a river.
I’m a sucker for the kids. Please note Elder Kunz’s approving gaze from behind. This is a cool looking old man named Mondoon. I took his picture because his hat was happenin’ and then a few days later we split the area and he became our investigator! Score! This one’s on my team, Jessie D! (You get the squinting lady in the sunglasses)
This was the team that took the big watermelon despite consisting of mostly young children and a curmudgeonly old man who wouldn’t participate. Who all’s excited that I just said curmudgeonly? Raise your hands!
This is Battsetseg and Batzaya, the dynamic duo. One dresses like she’s 40 and the other like she’s 14, but they’re 23 and 18 respectively. Go figure. They’re egch duu, or sisters for the Mongolian impaired, and they’re going in for their baptismal interview this next Saturday. Wish them luck!On a rather different and sobering note, I would just like to send my condolences to Katie McManus’ family. I remember going with her and my dad once to see an original reel showing of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark at the Uptown theater while we were in high school. The film was old and everything had this awful red tint to it and we loved every minute of it. I will be thinking of her often this week. Thank you always to Allison for letting me know.
Also, congratulations to Katie and David on the new baby girl! Let me know when little Fenway is in the oven!
Elder Earl C. Tingey of the Presidency of the Seventy is coming this week! Word has is he’ll be checking Area Books and Planners. Yikes! Actually I’m excited.
I hope all is well with everyone. Keep up the good work on your end and I’ll keep it up on mine.
PS Please tell El thank you, that I got her package and that it was “summerlicious,” and also tell Chihiro that I got her package and that I made the mistake of opening it in front of the elders so it looks like I’m going to have to share the Oreo pie-filling.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home