May 25, 2007 - District Conference & Other Cool News
It's mission call season for the youth of Mongolia! A girl in the Enkhtavan branch who I do not know at all got called to the Washington DC…South Mission. Cool? Yes, cool. Obviously, it would have been cooler if she had been called to the North mission, and it’s a little annoying because everyone assumes that she’s going to my home mission, but still it’s pretty cool.
The whole rest of the lot received calls to the Mongolia Ulaanbaatar mission, which is fortunate for them because it just happens to be THE coolest mission on the planet (that’s not even me saying that, but a direct quote from my heavily unbiased mission president, President Bryner). Most importantly, one of my all time favorite Sukhbaatar branch missionaries/favorite persons in general, Khorloo will be serving here. She goes in to the MTC here in August, and I already called being her trainer (not that it works that way, but here’s hoping!).
In other crazy, exciting Mongolian news: District President Odgerel created a stir last week when he announced at a young adult fireside that the Doctrine and Covenants would be coming out in Mongolian in September!!! How cool is that?
Other than that, last Sunday was pretty much the coolest day of my mission thus far. We had district conference for the Ulaanbaatar District, which consists of all the 12 branches in the city. It was held at one of the big convention centers right in the heart of UB. Sister Nergui and I left an hour early so we could walk (we live on the complete opposite side of the city). It was a gorgeous day, and as we got closer and closer, we ran in to more and more members also on their way, and I felt like maybe we weren’t in 2007 UB but 1897 SLC, making our way with the saints to the Tabernacle to hear from the Brethren.
It was so cool to be there with almost 1,000 Mongolian members and all the missionaries serving in the city. We also got to hear from some of the missionaries who will be leaving in a few weeks (including Sister Hunt) and the Bryners, who will be leaving in early July. I decided if I ever get the chance to come back to UB I’ll have to come for a district conference.
Sorry…time’s up. Gotta go. Peace.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home