Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 5, 2007 - One Year Gone and Going Strong

I just read the report on Laura’s wedding and spent an inordinate amount of time alternately gazing at the pictures and hugging the computer screen. This is big stuff y’all. Laura Johnson done got herself married! It seems that it was a be-yoo-tiful ceremony, notwithstanding the absence of me. Wow, that was really modest sounding. Anyway, Public Blog-Type Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Saint-Jean (private, hand-written congratulations to follow)!

Neree y’all, what happened this last week? I know I had lots of stuff to say. Now it’s all alga baina. I’d better stop before I start writing everything in Mongolian.

All of the in-city missionaries from my MTC group (Elders Johnson, Johnston, Romberg, Loveland, and Nielson, if he can get off his high zone-leader horse and make time for us nobodies) are meeting to celebrate our 1-year anniversary. Really it was yesterday [Oct 4], but it might as well be today because today here IS yesterday in America, which is where this whole mission thing started out anyway. Yep, one year gone and going strong.

“Gone” and “strong” rhyme, which is a concept my English students haven’t quite ever been able to grasp. Rhyming is for graduate students, I guess. Pretty much this has been the best year of my life (thus far, that is. There’s more to come…). I could tell you all of the things I’ve learned within the past year, but, well, then that would be telling. Let me just sum it up in these few words: I have come to know more surely than ever that this is God’s true church on the earth and that our Father in Heaven does speak to His children today as he did in days of old. To quote Sister Stitt quoting Brigham Young: “Hurrah for Israel!” Man! Sister Stitt has almost completely taken over that quote. I’m just going to have to quote Brigham Young through her every time now.

Amjilt xucieeue.ee? How do you write that in English? I don’t know. Let’s just say “Good luck” and call it that. I love everyone who is reading this right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home